The recipes on this blog are a combination of things I've learned over the years and meals inherited through generations of adoration for good food. They are a cherished property, so please be good to them.

You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this content without prior written permission.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Rosemary For Remembrance

What sparked this blog writing was being selected for the annual Baltimore Sun's holiday cookie contest last year. My first blog post is here: http://culinarynovice.blogspot.com/2006/12/rosemary-for-remembrance.html

The really cool thing about this is this year, the Baltimore Sun decided not to have a contest but to review the submissions since 2000 and pick a "best of the best" list.

You can read the article and our submission here: http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/dining/bal-fo.cookies28nov28,0,3537041.story

Although my husband and I didn't create the recipe, it's become a part of our lives, our traditions and our memories of our wedding day. These cookies become holiday gifts each year and are loved by anyone who tries them.


This weekend I hope to make them and take some more pictures for the blog. (The cookies are in the picture on the Baltimore Sun's website (bottom tier, left hand side, light colored cookie).

2 comments:

Confessions of a Makeup Whore and Product Junkie said...

This is recipe is so surprising and equally addictive--I could not stop eating these last year..I plan on making a batch next weekend!

roopa said...

Wow! Congratulations on being the best of 2006! I'm going to have to make some now since apparently they're amazing :)

(I was all set to enter a cookie for this year's contest, but I guess that won't be happening!)