The recipes on this blog are a combination of things I've learned over the years and meals inherited through generations of adoration for good food. They are a cherished property, so please be good to them.

You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this content without prior written permission.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Easy Herb Spread

Sometimes a girl grows a lot of different herbs in her backyard and sometimes, she needs to find ways to get some of them used up! I tend to dry them around early fall, but sometimes I just want to savor the freshness of a newly picked stem of rosemary or thyme.


This isn't a "recipe" as much as it is an idea. One night my husband, the grill master, was grilling some steaks on our grill (along side our home grown squash and zucchini) and I wanted to give those steaks a little "va va voom"! I've done balsamic reductions and Bearnaise variations to bring more life into my steaks, but I felt I wanted something not saucy, but filled with fresh flavor.

1-2 tbsp each:
thyme leaves
rosemary leaves
1/4 c basil leaves
1/8 c parsley
1 tbsp fresh lemon zest

Chop this mixture into a fine paste. Spread onto steaks, fresh from the grill. The smell of the herbs as it hits the hot steak is outstanding!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Re: In regards to the Baltimore Foodies Events.

The Baltimore Foodies dont specifically send out invitations for their events. They simply have them all on their website, and you can reserve or purchase tickets there for their upcomming events. Even if your not a foodie. You can sign up for their newsletter thought.

www.baltfoodies.com