The recipes on this blog are a combination of things I've learned over the years and meals inherited through generations of adoration for good food. They are a cherished property, so please be good to them.

You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this content without prior written permission.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

We're going to the beach!

Much like last year, I'm leaving for the beach in 2 hours and I am happy to say that while I will be cooking, I won't be able to post a thing!



Here is where I'm going tomorrow. It's got all the charm of the beach without the traffic and hotels and insane crowds, similar to it's neighbor, Ocean City Maryland. Oh and they have a THIS, which is where I will be when I'm not looking at the views of the ocean, eating "Marsh Mud" ice cream which is possibly the best ice cream ever made. Complete and total vacation indulgence.

Now that I've got my own ice cream maker, I'm totally going to have to eat at least 4 servings of Marsh Mud as research, in order to recreate it here, at home.

This place is famous for it's wild ponies (that's right, wild ponies) and oysters. Good thing for Chincoteague, I love ponies, oysters...I'll pass on, though I know lots of people who would spend their days eating oysters instead of Marsh Mud ice cream.

Have a great week bloggers and readers... and a great Labor Day Weekend!

2 comments:

Proud Italian Cook said...

Oh Meghan, That looks so nice! Have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

Oysters! Wild Ponies! That has to be the most wonderful beach in the world!