The recipes on this blog are a combination of things I've learned over the years and meals inherited through generations of adoration for good food. They are a cherished property, so please be good to them.

You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this content without prior written permission.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Chipotle Cinnamon Pork with Fruit Salsa

This recipe just sort of happened to me one night last week making dinner. I had a beautiful pork tenderloin and tons of fresh fruit from the farmers market and the grocery store run over the weekend. I love to make rubs for meat, before grilling, because the crust that forms is just so delicious! This combination of smoke, heat and sweet from the rub really compliments the pork, but I would use this rub again for chicken or beef too!


For the rub:

1 tbsp each:
Chipotle powder
Cinnamon

1tsp each:
brown sugar
salt
fresh ground black pepper
paprika
cumin


Combine all ingredients and rub all over pork tenderloin. Allow pork to sit at least an hour, and up to 24 hours.

Grill 1.5 lb pork tenderloin over direct heat for about 20 minutes, turning to brown on all sides, every 5-7 minutes. Pork is done when a thermometer reads 160-170* F. I like to take the pork off at about 160*F and rest under a tent of foil for about 5 minutes before slicing.

For the salsa:
3 white peaches (any peach would do), pit removed and diced
1 mango, pit removed and diced
1 red bell pepper (any bell pepper would do), diced
1 lime, juice and zest
1 jalapeno pepper (first one harvested from my garden!), seeds removed and diced
1/2 c fresh pineapple, diced small
1 c fresh mint (I used some of my cinnamon mint), chopped



Mix all ingredients into a bowl and refrigerate for about an hour, or up to 24.
Top grilled pork with salsa and serve!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that blue plate!

test it comm said...

Looks good! I like using fruit in savoury dishes like this.

Anonymous said...

I haven't made a fruit salsa in a while. Maybe I'll make one today.. see you've just inspired me! Do I need to pay you a consulting fee or something? Haha.