The recipes on this blog are a combination of things I've learned over the years and meals inherited through generations of adoration for good food. They are a cherished property, so please be good to them.

You may not copy or otherwise reproduce any of this content without prior written permission.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Summer Fruit Salsa

I am re-posting this recipe (I didn't have a working camera at that time) as it's the perfect time of year for it.
I served this on top of Mahi with a green salad. This is great to have the next day with blue corn chips as a snack.

Summer Fruit Salsa
1 cup each; small diced: Strawberries Pineapple Mangoes
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1 Jalapeno , de-seeded and finely chopped
1 good handful of fresh mint
1 lime juice and zest ( I had some leftover key limes, so I used 4 of them)
1 tsp coarse salt

Mix all ingredients together in a reactive safe bowl and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving to let flavors meld.

1 comment:

Janet said...

That looks great. I often bottled mango and lime salsa with grilled fish or chicken, so I know I would LOVE this!